Monday, February 11, 2013

Husband has a dangerous job

My husband just started working at the coal mine. It is a dangerous job & I'm having trouble dealing with my own fears. ~Coal Miners Wife (CMW)

Dear CMW,
I totally understand your fears, and why you have them. I know, it can't possibly be easy to relax, knowing that the man you love risks his life in order to support your family, but guess what? People do it all the time. Everyday...Soldiers stand on the front line in war, firemen enter burning buildings, police officers face criminals who can kill them, Truckers run the risk of driving off the road. Hell even store clerks, resturant workers, and teachers could face danger...

Those are risks these good men/women CHOOSE to take and because they do, we live in a better world.

With that I suggest you take the time to communicate with your spouse about your fears. Maybe make friends with other coal miners and their families. Maybe by making bonds with these people you will ease your fears.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment